Paddle Oregon 2018
Paddle Oregon had approximately 140 participants and volunteers in 2018. Our paddling group in the photo below was almost the same group as last year. Except for our tandem canoe and two tandem sea kayaks, everyone else paddled a solo sea kayak. Roxanne and Max were great leaders. We were usually one of the first groups to launch each day and paddled at a steady pace without very many breaks other than for lunch or short hike. As usual, logistics ran smoothly, and Dalton's Northwest Catering provided delicious meals. Late afternoon hors d'eouvres, musicians, and leisurely dinners were a great way to relax after paddling.
|Monday||13-Aug-18||McCartney Park in Harrisburg||Crystal Lake Ball Fields in Corvallis||24|
|Tuesday||14-Aug-18||Crystal Lake Ball Fields in Corvallis||Bryant Park in Albany||12.5|
|Wednesday||15-Aug-18||Bryant Park in Albany||Wigrich Farm in Independence||21|
|Thursday||16-Aug-18||Wigrich Farm in Independence||Arcane Cellars Winery in North Salem||27.5|
|Thursday||17-Aug-18||Arcane Cellars Winery in North Salem||San Salvador Park near St Paul||15|
Click on the images below to open a larger image, and use your browser’s back button to return.
- Preparing to launch boats at McCartney Boat ramp in Harrisburg
- A vintage Chevy truck from a local brewery provided refreshments at camp.
- Yvonne standing near a steel drum band at the Corvalis riverfront park campground
- Jack's canoe points upriver and ferries across the current to the other side
- George paddling solo during a lunch break
- Baggage was transported in a truck and picked up by paddlers upon arrival
- We were the only canoe in our paddling group. Everyone else paddled kayaks.
- Max normally kept an eye on everyone by paddling at the back
- One of our two SUP board paddlers leaving Albany
- Several paddling groups stopped for lunch here
- We are preparing to depart after a break
- Our paddling group relaxing in chairs in the river after arriving at our campsite
- The Paddle Oregon sign on the riverbank helped identify the take-out point
- Kathy and Dennis paddled swiftly in a long and fast sea kayak.
- Kathy and Yvonne before dinner